PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Monday, February 28, 2005

Tar Heel Tavern week #2 coming up

The first Tar Heel Tavern is up at Science and Politics, go have a look. UPDATE: The Second Tar Heel Tavern is posted now.

Bora asked me to host the second Tar Heel Tavern. Welcome! OK, did you go see the first one as I asked you? His poems were a nice touch, weren't they? Don't expect such genius from me; although I was once (ahem) a professional poet, I will not summarize this week's offerings in iambic pentameter. Promise.

I can't take a lot of stress (my favorite movie is "Fluffy Gets Fed," see below) so I ask that you save your political posts one more week. Let the next guy take the Pepto-Bismol.

Submissions should be from local bloggers OR be on TarHeel themes/issues. (That is, they cannot be BOTH from out of the area AND not about the area; if you're "from here" anything but politics is OK. Did I fix this, now?)

Read Bora's guidelines. Please send submissions to me at melinama@mappamundi.com by 3 pm Saturday, subject line "Tar Heel Tavern." Include the URL and name of your blog, and the URL and title of the post.

I'm looking forward to reading your stuff. Thanks for coming by.

6 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Even though I'm a North Carolina blogger, I can't imagine having anything fitting to submit. But I'm beyond excited to have discovered this whole Blog Together NC and Tar Heel Tavern stuff via your blog! I will indeed be participating, even if only by lurking.

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could have written Jennifer's post word for word. What a wonderful gift it has been to find so many wonderful blogs this weekend.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Bora Zivkovic said...

Hey, Jennifer and terrilynn, welcome aboard. I just went to your blogs and bookmarked them. You should put them up on the ncblogs.com aggregator and, by all means, contribute to the Tavern - you both write beautifully!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Bora Zivkovic said...

I love the picture on the top of this post. Do you want to make it the official Tavern logo for all the future issues of the carnival?

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Ogre said...

And if it's not the official logo, can I steal it for next week at least?

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Yes, explained much better now. I'll submit something, if only so I won't feel so greedy reading everyone else's contributions. :-)

Have been registered with ncblogs.com and its predecessor, North State Blogs, since time began. Have found many a day's reading there...but somehow it never all came together until I stumbled here. Go figure. I'm slow sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home