PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Sunday, May 15, 2005

From the Nurse's Call Button

Yes, scoffing souls, you CAN access WebTV via this nurse's call button. It's hard to use and hard to see - but now that Zed can read his email and play Tetris (on WebTV this is an extremely sluggish game, but that's ok because convalescents are not at their quickest) things are better. Also, he has gone from looking like a torture victim to being a bored, crabby guy, which is a huge improvement.

We've had mostly great nurses, except for one yesterday who insisted on his standing up when he was feeling at his worst ("Doctor's Orders!" she shrilled) and then left me with him. He fainted in my arms and I stood there with my hands under his armpits trying to get the aforementioned Nurse's Call Button over to where we were with my foot. It took three more people to get him back in bed. Good call, Nurse!

Now I have to give the "comm" back. We should be home tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 5:34 AM, Blogger Badaunt said...

The doctors/nurses who don't actually LOOK at you are the worst. They see the medical charts and the reports from tests and so on, but don't LOOK to see how YOU are.

Sounds like she was one of that sort. I hope the rest of his doctors and nurses were people who could see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home