PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Kung Fu Quotes

Thanks to everybody for their kind wishes about my son! I'm home from the hospital for a few minutes to grab some clean clothes and to send you this pre-prepared moment of good cheer from Joygreetings you will find "a list of actual English subtitles used in films made in Hong Kong--you know, those awful Saturday afternoon super-dubbed kung fu flicks where you know for certain that the translation has nothing to do with the actual Chinese dialogue. Here are a few of them. Site via Cynical-C:
  • I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.
  • Fatty, you with your thick face have hurt my instep.
  • A normal person wouldn't steal pituitaries.
  • You always use violence. I should've ordered glutinous rice chicken.
  • I'll fire aimlessly if you don't come out!
  • You daring lousy guy.
  • Beat him out of recognizable shape!
  • I got knife scars more than the number of your leg's hair!
  • Beware! Your bones are going to be disconnected.


Technorati Tags:

1 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Lora said...

How bizarre!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home