PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Another day another journey

The synagogue matriarchs I met on my trip today were extremely exhausting. I dare not provide details for fear a google search might come back to haunt me. To their credit, they had lots of good archives and lots of stories to tell. However, given a finite number of hours, you start thinking that since you are taking notes as fast as you can, maybe you would like to take a rain check on the stories of their ancestors (and their in-laws' ancestores, and their rabbi's ancestors...). Sigh.

I was watching TV this evening and a cockroach walked up the wall onto the ceiling and then fell from the ceiling to the floor basically between me and the TV. OOh, it's raining roaches! it was so exciting.

--M

2 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger kenju said...

I'll bet you provided a service to those old ladies that they seldom get: someone to listen to their stories. Know that no matter how tiresome it was - you did a good deed by listening.

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger e_journeys said...

Listening and preserving (via your notes). That calls for a good, relaxing hand/wrist massage....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home