PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Dawn of the Dead and Armageddon via BoingBoing



Above, one picture from a slideshow of the knitted version of the Dawn of the Dead.



Via the post entitled Awesomely Weird Jehovah's Witness Art, also at BoingBoing, I found this picture and many more at the deadpan Quotes.Watchtower.ca, a site with this explanatory subheading: Quintessential, Decisive, Conclusive: "...delightful, correct words of truth"

People bearing the "Watchtower" magazine used to come to our door all the time. Now that I have a deerfence, though, they stay away.

This picture of happy Witnesses escaping Armageddon reminds me of my own born-again brother expounding: "I'm not afraid of dying, because I know I'll go to heaven. What makes me sad is that some people I love..." (looking pointedly at me) "will not be there."

Technorati Tags: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

What a story, indeed!

I am in awe that you play the violin and viola. My son used to play violin, and I miss hearing it so much inside my home. The walls seem empty at times.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger kenju said...

I have had that said to me too, and my answer is "Judge not, lest you be judged". How the heck can anyone say that you (or anyone else) will not go to heaven when we don't know what heaven is or if it really exists.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Badaunt said...

A thoughtful, "Yes. I feel the same way," can work quite well in that situation.

Or, sometimes,

"No, I see what you mean. I don't think I'd feel comfortable either, subscribing to a belief that my friends will be roasted alive for eternity..."

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeeeek It's the 'Dawn of the Dubs'
---
Danny Haszard www.dannyhaszard.com

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And here I thought this was the weirdest knitting I'd ever see:

http://www.lyonswiergallery.com/html/Frameset.html

A peep at my own blog, though, will show that I generally prefer sex over violence in my knitted art.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home