PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Dead Teenager songs for Halloween

MaryB at Shorty PJs is continuing the list of Hallowe'en songs. To recap, she started with "Monster Mash," and then I offered her this collection.

Well, anyway, now MaryB's pointed us to a classic and astoundingly comprehensive list of Dead Teenager songs. This list is subdivided into categories: Cars, Motorcycles, Trains, Surfing (or other sea related including sharks and oysters), Water related, Boyfriend (and other murder ballads), Disease, Drugs, War, Suicide, Gun fights, Flying things, and "Unspecified or other." I had NO IDEA.

Just goes to show it's a very dangerous world.

UPDATE: I forgot a very important Halloween song. No death.
Love Potion #9

I took my troubles down to Madame Ruth
You know that gypsy with the gold-capped tooth
She's got a shop down on 34th and Vine
Sellin' little bottles of Love Potion #9

I told her that I was a flop with chicks
I'd been this way since 1956
She stretched out her palm and she made a magic sign
She said 'What you need boy is Love Potion #9'

... I started kissin' everything in sight
But when I kissed a cop down on 34th and Vine
He broke my little bottle of Love Potion #9...


Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home