PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Being Peaceful

Usually the way I make life changes is energy-intensive and involves at least one disaster. When my college thesis hit a serious dead end, I laid all 50 pages out on the kitchen floor, cut them up with scissors into about a hundred different pieces, and taped them back together in a different configuration. Back when I had a love life, each new relationship seemed to arise directly out of the smoldering wreckage of the previous relationship.

Lately, I've been trying to make life changes happen in a less stressful way. For example, I'm not happy with how much time I've been spending on the computer. Solution: I moved my computer out of my bedroom so I won't spend any more long weeknights in bed snuggled up with it. I mean, nice as a warm laptop can be on a lovely summer evening, you've gotta draw the line somewhere.

-Melina

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Turning off the TV is especially peaceful. You're spot on about the too much internet. I hope your love life improves in the near future!

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there. This is going to sound a bit odd, but here goes: I was trying to find a photograph of the leaping armadillo to show my partner who doubts the veracity of my story nearly as much as she believes in my powers of bluffing. I keep insisting that it was real, she keeps raising her eyebrow in that irritating fashion that tells me I must provide proof to be believed. So, can Zed come up with the picture of the leaping armadillo? Could he or you email it to me? Please? The armadillo reference was from November of last year. I know this is weird, but I am at a loss here. I'd appreciate what you can do.

dcf-lld@hotmail.com

Oh, and good luck with the love life and with finding peace. Wish I had words of wisdom to offer. instead all I have is a nearly disturbing quest to find a photograph of an armadillo in mid-air. Considering that, are things as bad as you'd thought??

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&q=jumping+armadillo&btnG=Search has a pix. Looks like www2.scifi.usask.ca is the one?

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alrightie then!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home