PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Sunday, August 20, 2006

El Hablador

So this week I saw that El Viejo, of prior blog/date fame, was having a concert on Friday night. I wanted to see it because I do think he is quite a good musician, but I didn't want to go by myself - that would just be weird - and if I went with some amigas El Viejo might still think I was gunning for him again. And, okay, I would feel better if I was there with a guy, is the plain truth. So I posted on Craigslist that I was going to El Viejo's show, and I was looking for someone under 30-ish, chatty, and punctual to take with me. That was it.

And guess what? I got about six responses. Most were one- or two-liners, but one of them wrote an actual charming letter back, so I picked him. And then he showed up - under 30, punctual, and (extremely) chatty. Just as promised.

And here I sit. And aside from the companionship, my life is richer by:

1 El Viejo concert
1 movie (post concert)
5 peaches (from the Brooklyn farmer's market) and 1 oatmeal raisin cookie (ditto)
1 t-shirt (bearing an illustration that El Hablador thought was too scandalous to wear in public but that cracked me up, so he gave it to me)
1 hand-written dinner menu by El Hablador (from our date the following night) and one home-cooked dinner by El Hablador
1 beautiful suede coat (bought for 5 dollars from a lady on the side of the street)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home