PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Thursday, August 17, 2006

In a sappy mood?

Okay, so I work "in the Jewish community." Believe me, it was a big step even to get comfortable using that phrase. Jewish professionals have decided we don't have time to try to define this phrase, though we sure use it a lot.

Anyway, my work often inspires me to go on long digressions to the farthest reaches of "the Jewish community," particularly the intense, close-knit, surprisingly tech-savvy world of the ultra-Orthodox.

Today I stumbled across www.frumster.com, an Orthodox Jewish dating website ("frum" means "observant"). Needless to say, these people are all dating for marriage and it is very serious etc etc.

What i got stuck on was the hundreds of testimonials from successful Frumster customers - i.e. newlyweds. I think I read every single one today. The blend of modern technology and traditional values really blew my mind.

It was this one success story, in particular, that melted my heart. Though they use a lot of words I don't understand, and though I sure don't have any friends that wear outfits like this gentleman's, the love shines through. AWWWW!!!!

Enjoy,
Melina

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger novelera said...

Wow! I agree, melinama, that this is a very touching and sweet tribute by a man to his wife. Many of the words used were unfamiliar to me, but how wonderful that these two found their, as we say in Spanish, media naranja.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home