PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Saturday, December 23, 2006

West Coast Christmas decorations

Of my crack team of recappers over at Caray, Caray!, one of the very best is Sylvia. She lives in California and sent me these pictures and comments.

"Here is a lovely shot of my neighbor's nativity featuring her kid's Scooby Doo as the angel. She said her youngest son insisted on replacing the regular angel with his stuffed Scooby and he even made a halo and wings for him. Sometimes kids get funny ideas."


"I have another neighbor who has a tall vertical cactus in his yard.
The cactus wears sunglasses 365 days of the year, but he also dresses up for special occasions. He was a pirate last halloween. I could kick myself for not getting a picture of that.

"I have a fantasy of getting a potted cactus similar to this one, dressing it up as a girl, and letting her visit with my neighbor's cactus for a while.

"My neighbor doesn't decorate his house for Christmas or Halloween at all, he just decorates his cactus."


Sylvia continued: "It seems as if inflatables are really in this year. They're absolutely ghastly. I really wanted take some pictures of the worst ones as a sort of horror gallery but I didn't get my camera back in time. Maybe next year. I've gotten a bit obsessed with bizarre decorations this year. Who thinks of all this crap? My friend in Taiwan just sent me a picture of a huge Christmas tree made entirely of duck feathers. Go figure."

Thanks, Sylvia!

Technorati Tags: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! I love that cactus!

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are very welcome! I'm tickled pink to see my neighbors' wacky decorations on your site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home