PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Monday, January 01, 2007

"Not Being In Trouble" - the state to which I aspire

I was wondering this morning why I like being alone so much. The first reason that came into my head: because when I'm alone, I'm not getting in trouble with anybody. There are no apologies to make, no missteps to regret. In March I posted this fine parable, which one of my high school friends published under her picture in our final yearbook:

A king came to a wise man and asked: "What should I do, that I might best help mankind?"

The wise man replied: "Take a nap every day, because at least during those hours you will not be doing any harm."

That's how I see things. And just barely related, this excellent cartoon (click for larger view):




Technorati Tags: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this - yes, that's the beauty of solitude!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home