PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Sunday, April 08, 2007

So here we are in April...

I'm in Connecticut visiting my son at Wesleyan. It's so cold! Hard to believe it was 90 degrees back home a couple days ago. Reminds me of this English song ...

April

So here we are in April, in showy, blowy April,
In frowsy, blowsy April, the rowdy dowdy time
In soppy, sloppy April, in wheezy breezy April,
In ringing, stinging April, with a singing swinging rhyme.

The smiling sun of April on the violets is focal,
The sudden showers of April seek the dandelion out;
The tender airs of April make the local yokel vocal,
And he raises rustic ditties with a most melodious shout.

So here we are in April, in tipsy gypsy April,
In showery, flowery April, the twinkly, sprinkly days;
In tingly, jingly April, in highly wily April,
In mighty, flighty April with its highty-tighty ways!

The duck is fond of April, and the clucking chickabiddy
And other barnyard creatures have a try at caroling;
There's something in the air to turn a stiddy kiddy giddy,
And even I am forced to raise my croaking voice and sing.
Ted Robinson


Technorati Tags: , ,

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a realy cool reclaimation/junk shop on Rt 66 not far away from the University. I highly recomend checking it out and spending at least an hour checking it out and talking to the uber whacked out and cool owner of the place.
Todd Vodka

 
At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunny and clear here but only going into the 40s today. On the radio this morning, the announcer said that this year Christmas Day was warmer than Easter. I am so ready for spring to spring. My daffodils are up but not blooming yet. Hope you enjoy your time with your son.^^^Susanlynn, heading off to work

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a goofily great song. Very spring indeed.

One of the many things I like about you is that you spend time with your kids. You care about what they do, you seem involved, you visit them, you plan trips, and you're obviously such a pleasant mom that they reciprocate with their time. My mother died about 27 years ago and I am very thankful that we were as close as we were. Still, I do "miss" the fun times that we COULD have had and that were denied us, so it makes me feel good to see caring mothers like you get involved with their kids. I'm very close to my father and sis and we do a lot of stuff together, but there is no relationship that is quite like the one that a child has with her/his mother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home