PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Friday, May 18, 2007

Chocolate biscotti

Last recipe for tonight's oneg: chocolate biscotti.

I love dry crunchy things. I still remember with great longing the little tiny bagels we bought in Moscow in 1972. They were hard as bricks and came on a string. Maybe I'd be afraid to eat them now - why didn't our teeth break? - but I love the memory...

So, anyway, I love biscotti but never tried making any before.

I actually thought this recipe was TOO chocolaty but since some people say there's no such thing, here it is.

Chocolate Biscotti

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 cups cocoa (next time I would use less)
4 tablespoons melted butter
3 eggs
1 ts vanilla
1 ts baking soda
1/4 ts salt
1+ cups julienned almonds, lightly toasted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients except almonds, mix well, then mash in the almonds.

Make into two long logs on a 9x13 pan (I use a silicone baking liner). Flatten them a little and bake for 30 minutes.

Remove from oven, reduce temperature to 325 degrees.

Let loaves cool for half an hour. Put them - carefully - on a cutting board and cut them - carefully - into 1/2 inch slices. Lay slices cut side down on your baking tray and bake at 325 for 15 minutes. Turn them over and bake for another 15 minutes. When cool they will be hard as rocks, just the way I like them.



Technorati Tags: , , , ,

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger All Blog Spots said...

nice blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home