PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Melinama does Illustration Friday: "My Paradise"

So Bob and I did the wedding for the nervous bride yesterday. She lucked out with the weather: it started raining exactly when everybody was being called in for dinner (and 24 hours later it's only just now stopped). A delicious dinner it was, and because of (or in spite of) her calling the caterers 37 times to make sure it was going to be available, the wild salmon was very tasty.

Friday I went to her place to coach her son, who was singing "The Wedding Song" and "Give Yourself to Love" during the service. He has a wonderful voice and plays the piano very well too, but since he was just as tense and nervous as his mom, his voice was a bit labored and stentorian.

So I gave him the big "relax" talking-to and yesterday at the service he was wonderful - relaxed, friendly, natural... Afterwards he told me my repeated assurance "It's All Good" had suddenly become his mantra and his mom agreed she was going to take it on, too.

So I decided to paint it for her and this is the prelimary study, inspired by early American crewel embroidery.


Technorati Tags:

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Blogger Focus_ret said...

It looks good - peaceful, beautiful, musical. Nice.

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely. Could you paint one for me entitled : ''Be here now.'' It is my new mantra for encouraging mindfulness and reminding myself to focus and stay in the moment. I have decided to pull out the canvases and oils that my younger daughter gave me a few years ago. I painted exactly one picture ...it was for her shower and it was my attempt to depict the centerpieces that she and I made for her wedding [green pythos in blue and white Chinese bowls.] I put them on a red table with a yellow backdrop...my tribute to Matisse whom we both love. I will try to make myself take those oils and canvases out on the patio on the next sunny day. Maybe I will be inspired by the 14 little clay pots I just filled with white alyssyum and pink impatiens for her baby shower centerpieces in August !!! Maybe a pale green field filled with colorful flowers. Thanks for the inspiration, Melinams.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger bookbabie said...

very pretty, like the message:)

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Nancy Bea Miller said...

Ooh, I thought it actually WAS a crewel work sampler for a minute and was all "Wow, now that's an unusual illustration medium!" I'm sure an "Embroidery" filter will soon be created and added to Photoshop if it hasn't been already! Love the piece, and the story behind it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home