PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Melinama does Illustration Friday: "Little Things"

This is unfinished - it will be the back panel of a garden cart I modified yesterday so Jethro could pull it. I envision taking it to parades, rallies etc. and pulling little kids through the crowd.

The slogan has always been one of my favorites and pulling a cart with Jethro reminds me of one of my favorite children's books, The Pushcart War. Among vehicles that rumble and roar down our roads these days, a humble slow moving animal - with or without a cart - seems tiny and endangered.

So this panel will be sort of a "slow moving vehicle" sign and whatever else you might read into it, go ahead.

Technorati Tags:

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Jean said...

Hi Melinama: Love the painting and the saga of Jethro. I thought of you and your goal with Jethro when the teacher in my painting class played Rickie Lee Jones, Donkey Ride, from her album, The Sermon on Exposition Boulevard.
The song goes:
You're coming into town on your donkey tonight
You're coming into town on your donkey
You're coming into town on your donkey tonight
You're coming into town, coming into, yeah yeah

It's about Jesus but you can just ignore the rest of it.

 
At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melinama--

I can hardly wait to see the pictures of Jethro giving rides to kids in the local parade. But considering the world we live in, be sure you have insurance, like an umbrella liability policy.

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun picture! I think you've done a good job of capturing Jethro's strong personality. The words say "Don't tread on me" and his face says "...or else!" (But happily.)

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another great donkey portrait !!!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger EarlGirl said...

Just passing by... I like the painting- sweet but defiant.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Liz said...

very cute donkey and i love your colorful background!! great idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home