PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Melinama does Illustration Friday: "Pet Peeves."

I've had the advertisement for the "Bob Principle" on my refrigerator so long it's turned dark yellow, so I decided to paint a replacement. (You can see the original in my sidebar.)

One of my pet peeves: people who blame their misfortunes and ill humor on the rest of the world. As a career scapegoat (I took the blame for everything as a toddler and have tended to hog blame every since, even when I'm trying not to), I resent the people who abuse my services. Each of us should shoulder a fair share.


Technorati Tags:

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger soulbrush said...

now this is fantstic, and so true, i will write it down now and remember it, even quote it sometimes too.

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure whether you mean you don't like complainers or whether you are bothered by those who use other scapegoats. As a career scapegoat, you must be aware that the competition is tough and so I like to spread the blame around.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger fillyjonk said...

What bugs me - and I guess this is similar to your complaint - are people who tend to interpret random occurrences, acts of God, or foolishness on the part of higher-ups as a deliberate attempt to harm THEM and squelch THEIR happiness.

Even when it's some kind of act of God (or act of person-who-thinks-they're-God) that is adversely affecting everyone around them as well.

I never particularly liked the phrase "s**t happens" but sometimes you just have to remind people of that - that stuff happens and it's not stuff meant specifically to hurt them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home