PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Valentino, the continuing saga...

Valentino has more fans on the internet than he does in real life. For their sake, I present these emails, all sent today by the nice young real estate agent to whom I sold my rooster yesterday.

It started auspiciously this morning, when I received an email from the buyer. Of course I feared he would be telling me Valentino had been eaten on his first night away from home. But no!

Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2008 9:18 AM

Valentino is settling in nicely.

My kids (5 and 3) love him and surprisingly he is very approachable - my wife (who had chickens growing up) thinks it is because he is out of sorts and misses his hens.

Anyway, could you tell me where to find the chicken coop automatic door you mentioned? Thanks.


I replied with the link to spectacular German-made electronic door opener I built into my coop, then left for a memorial service. When I got back, there was another message from a less gruntled owner ...

Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2008 2:09 PM

Thanks for the door info, but Valentino may get eaten yet.

My wife can easily pick him up - in fact he comes to her.

Unfortunately, he has decided that our front porch is his roost.

During the day he stakes out the porch and today he went after both the kids - not his fault we completely understand - but it's going to make life tough until we could fence a chicken yard.

Unless you want him back (keep the $6 as a rental fee), I'm going to put him back on CraigsList.


My sympathetic but firm reply: thanks but NO BACKS. Three hours later ...

Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2008 5:36 PM

Thanks - we found a place for him.

Lots of folks out here in the country!

.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home