PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Melinama does Illustration Friday: "Forgotten"

I was so happy when I got the first copy of the Triangle Jewish Chorale Songbook, I started immediately making a collection of songs I used to do with the Solstice Assembly, an a cappella group of 16 voices that performed and recorded in the late 80s and early 90s. Most of these songs I had almost completely FORGOTTEN until now...

I've been digging the arrangements up out of various dusty crumpled corners of the music room. It's extremely satisfying. Stay tuned!

The songbook is named after a song the Solstice Assembly used to do every December - I cobbled it together from a traditional tune ("The Death of Admiral Nelson") and a text my ex-husband and I wrote together after Carol Boren Owens, a dearly loved soprano in the group, died suddenly at the age of 33.

I posted the mp3 here three years ago.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home