PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Monday, December 22, 2008

Melinama does Illustration Friday: "Voices."

Almost every Sunday afternoon for the last two or three years, Mark and I have met at my kitchen table over two big boxes of acrylic paint (and lately, some wood blocks and knives as well).

First we take Jethro for a walk, and I bake cookies, and then we sit down to address the Illustration Friday prompt of the week.

We talk a little about the past week, or politics or brain chemistry (he's a neuropsychiatrist), but often we just sit in companionable silence, eating cookies and scratching away at our canvases.

We take a break to go to dinner and come back and usually I quit when he's still working away and sometimes I sleepily say: "Mark, I'm going to bed now but you can stay as long as you like," and then there's a picture there for me to post in the morning when I get up.

Yesterday he had a whole picture of wolves howling at the moon, and next thing I knew the wolves were gone, he had painted them out completely.


Technorati Tags:

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very lovely image, and lovely colors. I guess he wanted his message to be more cheerful than wolves, but I'm just guessing.

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful post and what a nice ritual you two have! Peace.

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely..reminds me of a stained glass window. Rituals are good , and you're Sunday ritual sounds great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home