PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 things about me.

I first did a meme like this in 2005, but as a good lurker, I did 100 things about other people, still one of my favorite posts.

Kelly from Byzantium's Shores tagged me (this time on Facebook) and even though it's sort of embarrassing, I want to play. So,
  1. I'm having more fun playing the fiddle now than ever before in my life, but I never practice because I get lonely playing by myself.

  2. I supported myself for three years writing sonnets.

  3. My house is full of friendly ghosts, my memories of all the guys who ever hammered nails or sweated pipes here while we were building. I remember them all by name and sometimes see them around town.

  4. Most of my best friends are good with their hands.

  5. I like wearing clothes until they are worn out.

  6. Throwing or giving stuff away is as much fun as getting new stuff, maybe more.

  7. I hate suspense and often read the end of a book early on so I don't have to wonder what's going to happen.

  8. I no longer try to prove anything to anybody.

  9. I stopped coloring my hair in the year 2000 when my son got cancer.

  10. I'm not so good with right/left and east/west. Nonetheless, I'm an excellent navigator.

  11. I grin every time I hear the words "President Obama."

  12. I love to dance but wonder if I'll ever get the chance again.

  13. I like watching other people have fun almost more than I like having fun myself.

  14. I don't drink, never have, and never did any drugs. Reality is nutty enough.

  15. I put my kids through college on the money left over from my mother's great-grandfather's bootblack empire.

  16. I'm very proud of my Pennsylvania Dutch ancestry. My dad's folks have been in York County Pennsylvania since the early 1700s. (Two of my Pennsylvania Dutch first cousins also converted to Judaism, as I did.)

  17. Translating Yiddish stories and books into English is incredibly exciting.

  18. I often think I was born in the wrong place, at the wrong time, or possibly on the wrong planet.

  19. I'm writing this list instead of taking Jethro on a walk.

  20. I'm incredibly proud of my kids and considering the mothering I've done to be my finest achievement in life.

  21. I've had more than my share of everything in this lifetime, and am pretty content, though a bit lonely.

  22. I don't mind getting older but it makes me sad to see it happening to my friends.

  23. I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

  24. I'm a lousy but very enthusiastic carpenter and electrician.

  25. My kids are funnier than anybody else I know. Or at least, I think they are. How lucky is that?

2 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Love you, mom!!!

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you, Melinama ! In speaking class, I often put my students in pairs and ask them to discover 10 things that they have in common. You and I have #20 in common. Thanks for sharing those interesting facts about you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home