PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Chapel Hill now allows "small chicken farms."

CHICKEN FARM? Jeez, I have ELEVEN chickens and don't consider this a chicken farm. They are just a decorative addition to the landscape, and providers of far too many eggs.
10 Chickens OK in Chapel Hill

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — The town that's home to the University of North Carolina's flagship campus says its OK for homeowners to operate small chicken farms.

The News & Observer of Raleigh reported that Chapel Hill Town Council voted Monday night to allow small-scale chicken farming in the town limits.

The vote will allow people to keep hens in any of the town's residential districts, affecting about 7,700 households. But no roosters will be allowed.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its nice to see the Chapel Hill town council approve small-scale chicken farming. Thanks for posting this.

 
At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I found your web site looking around for information on Java chicks. My latest quest to have a few of my own on our small farm here in NH. I just love all the pictures.

Could you please tell me what kind of Java you have pictures of posted. I saw that you ordered them from Sand Hill and to my knowledge they only offer Mottled? Is that correct? Could you post some pictures of them a bit older?

I incubated 12 and out of them 2 hatched and look much like your yellow and black fluff balls.

As best I can tell there are 3 varieties: Black, White and Mottled. Do you know which your are?

I'll be spending some time here reading. I just love the donkey! What a cutie.

Thanks so much

Karyn

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger melinama said...

Hi Karyn,
I had black Javas, but raccoons killed them last year. Now I have just a random assortment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home