PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Monday, June 08, 2009

Melinama does Illustration Friday: "Craving."

This week I had a craving for a stress-reduction art project. When I feel jittery, drawing or painting things which go over and under (like, for instance, Celtic (or Bulgarian) knots) is very calming. I guess you could call it self-medication.

I combined that with another of my addictions this week: I adore Jewish proverbs, although I find fully 80% mostly incomprehensible, possibly because I'm a convert. This one appeals to me, as does the similar saying: "Can't go over it. Can't go under it. Can't go around it. Gotta go through it." (That's for after this one, the one I illustrated, fails.)

It's based on a Bukharan ornament in a book I bought at the Strand Bookstore for a buck.



Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger josh pincus is crying said...

This is very cool. Great design. With different sentiment, it could be a ketubah.
My favorite yiddish proverb is: May you grow like an onion with your head in the ground and your feet pointing tyo the sky.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Vocal Show said...

Thanks for your comment earlier. Sorry I'm pretty new to blogging and couldn't figure out how to contact you otherwise. I've taken on board what you've said and contacted my web designer for a solution as he manages my template design for me.

Take care

Luca
Vocal Show

 

Post a Comment

<< Home