PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A great chocolate mocha espresso sponge cake!

I made this with some of my hens' fine eggs yesterday. Mmmm.

Chocolate coffee sponge cake


5 eggs, separated
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-2 tablespoons freeze dried coffee dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water
7/8 cup flour stirred in with
1/4 teaspoon salt and
1 teaspoon baking powder


Beat the egg yolks until light. Add sugar, cocoa, and vanilla and beat a lot more.

Add coffee dissolved in water, and flour, salt, baking powder, and beat more.

Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold in. Ladle into a tube pan and bake for about 40 minutes.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Cap'n Sylvia Sharkbait said...

Mmmmmmm...and I have all those ingredients. I think I'm going to make this cake tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home