PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Monday, September 14, 2009

The Museum of Forgotten Art Supplies


I was so amused by The Museum of Forgotten Art Supplies at drawger.com. Just the other day I was trying to remember the name for the colored cellophane with a sticky back that you used to cut up with your exacto knife and burnish onto your artboard. All I could think of was "Rubylith," which was the version of that product which was red but showed up black when the printers photographed your art for the plates...

I realize I still have lots of these things. Maybe it's time to get rid of them. When did I last use rubber cement? But I have a gallon jug of it in the attic. Come to think of it - do you think fifteen-year-old rubber cement that's gone through fifteen cycles of freezing in winter and 100-degree days in summer is still good?

I want to get my friend Bob to cut a hole in my attic gable so I can attach a chute and just throw all the stuff in my attic, including the gallon of rubber cement, right down the chute into my pickup truck so I can haul it off to the dump.

... but here's one I needed, really needed, just yesterday. The Acu-Arc, what a great tool. Never saw one before!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

you should ask the bats to carry things out for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home