PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Sunday, July 04, 2010

I think I'll be back here soon.

The crazy month which started so wonderfully with Ezra's graduation and Hannah's wedding ...

... ended with a crash when I had to go to Orange County Superior Court - my crazy addled bitter old neighbor was suing me for $10,000 plus damages because she claimed the deer fence I erected on my own property was within 50 feet of our mutual property line and that violated a document I signed...

... Well, yes, it was. I don't have to pay her any money but I do have to move the fence, and while I'm at it I decided to make a new playground for Jethro and Superman...

... so since June 28 I've rented the wonderful "Little Beaver Posthole Digger" and had Paco and Efron dig 74 postholes (last time I did them myself in 95 degree weather and ended up in the hospital, a story for another day). I set about 30 posts myself and they set the rest and Paco nailed up the rails...

... now I need to build the new gates and actually move the deerfence onto the new poles...

... and I'm also trying to finish hand-quilting the wedding quilt...

... but today I'm playing at the Festival for the Eno so all these activities will stop for a bit...

... THEN I should have time to blog again.

1 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I thought fences made GOOD neighbors? Hmph. Sorry you're stuck with an old biddy. But hope the new playground is an improvement for everyone--looking forward to pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home