PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Buttermilk biscuits

I recently got a request for my buttermilk biscuit recipe. Here it is!

Buttermilk Biscuits

1/4 cup butter
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk

I use a cheese grater to grate the butter on top of the flour. I add the other dry ingredients and squish it all together with my fingers till it's mixed. I add the buttermilk (it might take a little more or less) and roll it out about 1/2" thick on a floured pastry cloth. I cut it up with a small biscuit cutter and if I'm not too lazy I brush more buttermilk on top of the biscuits. Bake at 450 for about 12-15 minutes. My oven doesn't heat well from the top so at some point I actually turn all the biscuits over so they get brown on both sides.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home